Residency Interview Invites 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard from Parkland a couple weeks back about a phone interview and heard last night about on-site interviews. Hope that helps! I haven't heard a peep from Methodist Dallas or VA N Texas so I'm assuming both of those are rejections. :(
It does thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from the following PGY-1 amb care programs? Do you know they send rejections or if they may be doing rolling invites?

Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center
Charles George (Asheville) VA Medical Canter
I got a reject from Forsyth last Friday I believe

Members don't see this ad :)
In Philly? Yeah they already sent out interviews and rejections a couple weeks ago. Sorry, I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple programs too and the silence is killing me.
Jefferson sent out rejections?? I haven't received an invite nor a rejection. I'll rather hear something from them than nothing at all.

Has anyone heard back from Kaiser Woodland Hills?

Jefferson sent out rejections?? I haven't received an invite nor a rejection. I'll rather hear something from them than nothing at all.
Unless I either 1) did not make it through the first round of applications or 2) they have rolling acceptances for interviews. I received a rejection letter and one of my co-APPE students plus another kid from my class received interview offers like two weeks ago.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from these places? I turned in all of my applications one 12/30 so they have now had them for a month. I feel like at this point it's a rejection, but it would sure be nice to know for sure!

Parkland Hospital (Dallas, TX)
UT Southwestern (Dallas, TX)
University Hospitals (San Antonio, TX)
Houston Methodist - I had a phone interview, but haven't heard any follow-up since

I've heard from Memorial Hermann (TMC and health system), WakeMed Hospital, Hennepin County, Baylor University Hospital, Plano Presbyterian, CHRITUS Trinity Mother Frances, Methodist San Antonio, and Seton if that helps anyone else!

I didn't apply to any of those! Could you tell me when you heard back from CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances? Please and thank you!

I didn't apply to any of those! Could you tell me when you heard back from CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances? Please and thank you!
I received a phone call from them last Thursday to set up an on-site interview.

Reactions: 1 user
I know Hanhemann has rolling interviews, but has anyone heard back from:
Presbyterian Hospital, Philadelphia
Pennsylvania Hospital
Kennedy Hospital, New Jersey

I heard back from Pennsylvania hospital today. Also applied to Kennedy but haven't heard from them yet.

Anyone hear from
Glendale Adventist
Providence Tarzana
Providence Burbank
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center
Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
Kaiser - Panorama City

All are SoCal programs

I've heard from Providence Tarzana (1/18), Burbank and Holy Cross (both 1/24). Nothing from Little Company of Mary or Glendale Adventist yet. Didn't apply to any Kaisers.

Members don't see this ad :)

Same. I wonder if silence means rejection or if they are rolling. I'd rather know than hear nothing.

I only have one interview scheduled. With 6 programs I haven't heard from yet. I'm getting pretty nervous/freaked out. Should I start prepping my letter writers for phase II? Eek.

If you haven't heard from a program, at what point (by what date) would you consider emailing them? I don't want to sound impatient but when others have gotten invites or rejections, I just want to make sure I haven't been missed either way. Any tips on how to address this?

I was reading through match rules, and found out that programs with onsite or phone interviews are required to let candidates know their interview status. Until reading that, I thought that sending out rejections was classy but optional.

Just wondering if anyone heard from Kaiser san jose, santa clara and san mateo? I can see a rejection coming at this point. :(

Yuma Regional Medical Center rejection received this am

Anyone heard from Children's Medical Center- Dallas for PGY2?

I've heard from Providence Tarzana (1/18), Burbank and Holy Cross (both 1/24). Nothing from Little Company of Mary or Glendale Adventist yet. Didn't apply to any Kaisers.

Do you mind to share if you got invitation or rejection (email or phone call?). I'm just trying to figure out if these programs are going to sent out rejection letters.

Do you mind to share if you got invitation or rejection (email or phone call?). I'm just trying to figure out if these programs are going to sent out rejection letters.

Tarzana was an email invite and Saint Josephs and Holy cross were phone invites.

Has anyone heard anything from VA Ann Arbor or VA Memphis?

Has anyone heard back from UNC Pharmacotherapy... Also... I'm 2/10 right now, heard of anyone with that bad of a ratio? This has been a rough past month for me.

Has anyone heard back from UNC Pharmacotherapy... Also... I'm 2/10 right now, heard of anyone with that bad of a ratio? This has been a rough past month for me.
I know of one person who got no interviews (it's not me, just had to put that out there too LOL...)

1/5 with one more program left. Sorry that the past few months have been rough, make these next couple of months your punching bag as you get right back in there.

#nobrakesonthistrain

Has anyone heard back from Lipscomb University's PGY-2 in ambulatory care?

I got a rejection from Utah, a phone interview for arizona but haven't heard about on-site, and interviewed at Houston Methodist.
Can I ask when your interview was with Houston Methodist?

3/14 right now with 2 programs I haven't heard from...although they've sent invites and rejections weeks prior according to those on here, but I still haven't heard anything. :(
Right there with you on the bad past month. I am excited that my 3 that I do have are at least in my top 5 favorite programs...sometimes it's about quality over quantity. Just ace the ones you have, and hopefully you match with something you love! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Soooooo apparently Kennedy is not sending out rejection letters this year and if you haven't heard back from them yet well "there's your sign"

im 2/7 right now and waiting on responses for 4 more but im guessing its gonna be a rejection if its this late.

That is about my ratio. Based on what people in my class are saying percentages of 20-50% are pretty normal, and where you fall in that range mostly depends on how competitive the programs are. (people who are getting invitations from 70-90% of programs are way out of my league)

anyone hear from CHOP? last program that I'm waiting on : (((

Updated Interview Invitations:
Houston Methodist - Invite extended on 1/31/17
Memorial Southwest - Invite extended on 1/31/17
St. Luke's Woodlands Hospital - Invite extended on 2/1/17

Already Interviewed:
Memorial Hermann Hospital System
CHI St. Luke's Hospital

Waiting on:
UTMB Galveston