Residency Interview Invites 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear back from OptumRx?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone hear back from Jackson memorial hospital in Miami for PGY-2 in emergency medicine?? I've been waiting for SOOOOO long.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear from Kaiser's in Southern California? Or Providence Tarzana?

Or any California pediatric PGY-1 programs?

Did you receive an interview or something? I still haven't heard anything from them. Anyone else?

I received an interview for Grady today (01/28)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I applied to 10 programs, 6 interviews, 2 rejections, and 2 I haven't heard from. Has anyone heard from Yuma Regional Medical Center or Mayo Clinic Scottsdale?

I'm also waiting to hear from Yuma Regional Medical Center. I guess I'll have to pass on them as I've already made travel arrangements for my interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear back from Portland VA? They were supposed to say something by Friday about a phone interview but I haven't received anythig from them :(

Has anyone heard from the ID PGY2s in IL? Mostly Northwestern/Midwestern? I know Northwestern sends out their invites/rejections all on 1/16, I was wondering if that still applied if it was through Midwestern or not.

i haven't heard mwu/northwestern either

I heard from MWU/Northwestern this week.

Has anyone heard from the ID PGY2 program at NYP?

Did anyone ever here from Tennessee in Knoxville? (Pgy-2 in particular)

Does anyone know if Palmetto Health's Pharmacy Practice PGY1 is sending out rejection emails? I haven't heard a peep, feeling like that can't be a good sign?

Did anyone hear back from Portland VA? They were supposed to say something by Friday about a phone interview but I haven't received anythig from them :(

A few others and I also didn't hear back..maybe we'll hear back Monday? (fingers crossed)

A few others and I also didn't hear back..maybe we'll hear back Monday? (fingers crossed)

Same. I'm hoping that they will notify all candidates of their app status this week and not just those who received an interview.

Has anyone heard from Memorial Hospital UCH in Colorado Springs? It's the last program I'm waiting to hear from. Not having the best outcome/luck so far .

Did anyone have to turn down an interview after you've already accepted it? I've decided I don't think I would want to move there, so I probably wont rank it. I'd rather someone else get the opportunity to interview, but I don't want to burn bridges...

I applied to Aurora Healthcare Metro Inc. I was rejected almost immediately (1/16/17). If you are still waiting on a response (and it's the same program), they must make decisions in a rolling fashion.

was it the combined (pgy 1 and 2)informatics program at aurora? not just the general pgy 1?

Did anyone have to turn down an interview after you've already accepted it? I've decided I don't think I would want to move there, so I probably wont rank it. I'd rather someone else get the opportunity to interview, but I don't want to burn bridges...

I had to nicely decline an interview invite that I had previously accepted as I knew I wouldn't want to move there. I had accepted it because it was one of the first invites I received. The program didn't bother to acknowledge receipt of my email. I guess they were not pleased.

Has anyone heard from Memorial Hospital UCH in Colorado Springs? It's the last program I'm waiting to hear from. Not having the best outcome/luck so far .

I believe they sent out invites on 1/17

Has anyone heard back from:

Mount Auburn Hospital MA
Greater Lawrence Family Health Center/MCPHS MA
Portsmouth Regional Hospital NH
Steward St. Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston MA
Eastern Maine Medical Center, ME

Anyone hear from the following PGY-2 ID programs:
USC
Utah
University of Arizona
Houston Methodist
University of Michigan

Anyone hear from PGY-2 Oncology programs?
USC
Kaiser Permanente SD
Houston Methodist

Anyone hear from the following PGY-2 ID programs:
USC
Utah
University of Arizona
Houston Methodist
University of Michigan

As far as I know, Michigan already sent out interview invites to candidates. (both pgy-1 and pgy-2)

I received an invite last week. Not sure if they are rolling though?

That's awesome. Congrats! If they sent out invitations last week, then the lack of communication at this point probably means a rejection. Oh well. Good luck at your interview! :)

Anyone hear from Kaiser's in Southern California? Or Providence Tarzana?

Or any California pediatric PGY-1 programs?

I heard from Providence Tarzana on 1/18. Didn't apply to any Kaiser's though.

Anyone hear from:
Glendale Adventist
White Memorial Medical Center
Providence Little Company Mary
Riverside University Health
Desert Regional Medical Center

All from SoCal?

Miami Va
Memorial regional hospital
Jackson memorial hospital
Broward health medical center

Anyone ?

Miami Va
Memorial regional hospital
Jackson memorial hospital
Broward health medical center

Anyone ?

Miami VA 1/26
Memorial Regional Hospital 1/18
Jackson Memorial - nothing , but I heard they sent out invites as early as Jan 6 (so i guess rejection)
Broward Health Medical Center - waiting

Anyone hear from Thomas Jefferson? Have they sent rejections out yet?

PGY-1 or 2? And were they invites or rejections if you don't mind me asking?
PGY-1 interviews.

Still no emails/calls from U of M or VA Ann Arbor... I know I saw some invites/rejections for U of M but what is everyone doing when they don't hear? Should I contact the program or just assume they are rejections?