Residency Interview Invites 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UNC sent interviews yesterday, UofM made calls this weekend, Missino sent yesterday.

For Mission Hospital, was it the ambulatory care program?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear from Phoenix Children's Hospital, or banner Baywood

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone at all apply for Seton healthcare family ID pgy2? still waiting to hear...

Members don't see this ad :)
are all rejection letters the same or do programs send out different letters to different groups of students depending on the strength of his/her application. My two rejections seem somewhat complimentary. Obviously the same email could have been sent to everyone, however, i was wondering if programs possibly send a "nicer" rejection to their "almost candidates" as opposed to the outright no candidates
I applied to a large number of programs, so I have seen a lot of rejection letters. All of the rejection letters (I've received 7) have been very kind and complimentary. Unless a program director posts on the page, I don't think we can know for sure; however, my guess is that a no is just a no and the tone of the email says more about the program than it does about the candidate.

Anybody heard back from programs within Kentucky?

Anyone heard from NYC? Specifically Manhattan?

Has anyone heard from Jackson Memorial in Miami, FL? Or Grady in ATL, GA?

Anyone heard from Miami va, west palm beach va, broward county medical center, or Jackson memorial hospital in Florida ?

Has anyone heard from:

Christina Care, DE
Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia
Penn Presbyterian Hospital, Philadelphia
Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia
Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia
Paoli Hospital, Paoli
Kennedy Health System, New Jersey
Virtua, New Jersey

Thanks! :banana:

Hello everyone! I didn't know if anyone interviewing at the below places and dates would like to exchange information?

Methodist Memphis - 2/03
Emory University Hospital - 2/10
Barnes-Jewish - 2/17
Johns Hopkins - 2/20
Cleveland Clinic - 2/27
Moses Cone - 1/24
Carilion - 1/27
Mission - 1/31
Vidant - 2/08

If this matters, I am male lol

Received an email to interview for VA Long Beach 1/18

I got a call today from Duke for an interview and a denial from the U of U yesterday.

So far I've heard from: UNM (i), U of U (r), OHSU (i), VA North Texas/Texas Tech (i), and Duke (i).
Haven't heard from: UW (phone interview), U Colorado, UNC, and VA SLC

Heard back from Loyola on 1/12 and got rejected from them.
Still waiting to hear back from:
ACMC
Palos Community Hospital
Presence St. Joseph Joliet
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare/St Joseph Campus
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - St. Francis Hospital

Best of luck everyone!

Hello everyone! I didn't know if anyone interviewing at the below places and dates would like to exchange information?

Methodist Memphis - 2/03
Emory University Hospital - 2/10
Barnes-Jewish - 2/17
Johns Hopkins - 2/20
Cleveland Clinic - 2/27
Moses Cone - 1/24
Carilion - 1/27
Mission - 1/31
Vidant - 2/08

If this matters, I am male lol

Did you apply to the general pgy1 or Amb care for Mission?

anyone heard back from VA puget sound or pittsburgh VA?

puget sound deadline was jan 4 and the program is still silent.

and i know for pittsburgh the program says expect a reply no later than march 5 on its website, but i feel like 6 weeks is a long time to wait around to just hear a rejection

Hartford Hospital invite today

Heard back from Loyola on 1/12 and got rejected from them.
Still waiting to hear back from:
ACMC
Palos Community Hospital
Presence St. Joseph Joliet
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare/St Joseph Campus
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - St. Francis Hospital

Best of luck everyone!

I just heard back and got an invite from Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - St. Francis today!

Hartford Hospital invite today
CONGRATS!

Has anyone heard from the following programs:
- Palmetto Health Richland (Non-Am Care) - SC
- Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast (Non-Am Care) - NC

Thanks!

Florida Hospital Altamonte - 1/14

Winter Haven - 1/18

Baptist Hospital of Miami - 1/18

Were these all interviews? Have you heard from any other FL Hospital?

The only ones I've heard of people getting interviews was Altamonte (didn't apply) and I heard from Orlando last night. I haven't heard about other FL Hosp's. I only applied to Orlando though.

Has anyone heard back from any of the following PGY1 programs:

Novant
University of Maryland at Baltimore
Carolinas Medical Center
Howard University
CaroMont
CHS Northeast
VA Salisbury
Inova Alexandria
VA Maryland
John Hopkins Home Care Group

I heard back from the Salisbury VA last week, but my 2 friends who applied have not heard anything. I think they're rolling them out from now til February 12.

I applied to a large number of programs, so I have seen a lot of rejection letters. All of the rejection letters (I've received 7) have been very kind and complimentary. Unless a program director posts on the page, I don't think we can know for sure; however, my guess is that a no is just a no and the tone of the email says more about the program than it does about the candidate.

One program mentioned hanging on to my application if interviews opened up (and to be ready last minute if they contacted me). I was obviously disappointed with the rejection but I was hopeful it meant I was at least B string rather than a flat out no - that is if the same email wasn't sent out to everyone across the board. Thanks for your reply!