residency options????

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

foureyes2020

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently attending optometry school, (just finished my first year) and over the summer i have been thinking about how i want to practice optometry when i eventually graduate. I would eventually like to have my own practice (like everyone else), but i would first like to be an associate somewhere so that i can better develop my skills, and learn more about what it takes to have a successful private practice. I know that i have the option of completing a year of residency, but is there generally a specialty that more optometrist are looking for when hiring an associate for their practice? I just what to make myself as profitable as i can.

class of 2008