Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the way I understood it when I just went through it. Schools get money from the state to train in-state physicians because they feel they are more likely to remain in the state. You wouldn't be classified as such, so you wouldn't fall into the 80-90% of classes that are usually in-state. However, in my n=1 experience, if you are a well-qualified applicant, applying out of state with ties to the state does increase your odds of receiving an OOS interview invite for the same reason, that you are more likely to matriculate/practice in the state. I may be wrong, but it's the impression I got and I went on 5 OOS public interviews (I was military growing up so I had lived in every state but one, your situation should garner more favor with Florida schools.). I'd make sure to mention your ties to the state.
Edit: pretty much what efle said.