Residencyand research opportunities for DO

Started by mazya
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mazya

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this topics has been already talked about. I am new to this board.
I am currently in the proccess of applying to medical schools. I find the philosophy pertaining to
DO fascinating. My question is in regards to residency oppurtunities for the DO program. From
what I have heard, even though both MD's and DO's go through similar educational processes,
chances of getting surgical residency for DO are slim. I was wondering if that rumer was true.
In addition, how does research opportunities for DO's compare to MD's?
Thanks for any information in this matter.