Resident Opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trouta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There has been some discussion on this board about top programs and Ive asked attendings what they think top programs are in Radiology and Ive heard lots of the same stuff. Then it was suggested that I ought to ask people who had just interviewed for Rads residency what they thought some of the best programs were (both in terms of rep and programs that just seemed like great places to go).

I would be interested to hear what current residents think are some of the "best" programs (whatever that means).

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

In terms of reputation the top programs are in no particular order: MGH, Mallinkrodt, UCSF, Stanford, Penn, Hopkins, Brigham, Duke.

In terms of which are the toughest to get into and hence the most desirable, would probably be:

MGH, Brigham, Stanford, UCSF, UCLA and NY schools like Columbia/Cornell.

Other top places like Mallinkrodt, Penn, Duke, Michigan, etc... because of location issues are probably slightly easier and I emphasize the word "slight" to match into than the programs above even though reputation wise, they may be stronger than some of the more desirable programs.

Tier one: MIR, PENN, MGH, UCSF

Tier Two: Duke, BWH, Hopkins, Stanford, NYU