res1cue

7+ Year Member
May 9, 2010
Status
So we have an EM resident room, and the way it used to be was a small room with 6 computers and a mini fridge and a coat rack. Mostly people would stick their bikes in there and occasionally use it to catch up on charting.

Recently we are trying to overhaul it. Took out 3 computers and added a couch. Also we added a small TV.

If you guys have/had resident rooms, what did you have that made it more comfortable/useful, and made it better for wellness? Or alternatively what would you wish it had? Looking for ideas on how to improve it while resident leadership is willing to spend a little money on it

D

deleted109597

Um, is this for people who are on call and hanging out?
TV, video game console, recliners.

About the Ads

res1cue

7+ Year Member
May 9, 2010
Status
Yeah pretty much, or a place to finish charts before you get gome so you arent interrupted a thousand times by nurses

bravotwozero

Chronically ambitious
Sep 19, 2004
Houston
Status
  1. Attending Physician
If people need to put their bikes on there, maybe a few wall mounts for bikes would be useful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HooliganSnail

7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2012
Status
  1. Attending Physician
We have no resident room, we get a glorified closet.

There's not even enough room in there for everyone to have a hanger hook, so the interns have to put their stuff in another area.

Venko

True to self
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2006
Rochester, MN
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Our residents have 6 desktop computers, additional laptops, a big flat screen, small conference table, lockers, sofas, mailboxes, some office supplies, video game system, fridge, microwave (I think), small library, artwork, photos of residency classes, and a fax machine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Apr 15, 2011
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I usually go to my resident lounge for food. Our resident room has stocked fridge with soda/juices, sandwiches, hummus, etc, and a pantry for fruits and snack items.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads