This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UserUnidentified420

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi friends,

I have been let go from my residency yesterday. Completed 10+ months. Reason: medical knowledge deficiency.

Red Flags:
- 2 leaves (1st year: 2 month leave s/p giving birth) (2nd year: 4 month leave personal/family matters)
- Did not pass level 3 first try. Retook 1 month later, passed with good margin.
- Below average ITE scores, but improved second year.

I have completed 6+ months of hospital medicine, none of which counted, because I was not offered a second year contract because I did not technically complete first year.

So currently, looking for an open PGY-1 position in family medicine while I regroup. PLEASE message if there are programs willing to take a PGY-1 with experience, thank you all. Am willing to go to PGY-1 FM, IM, or prelim year.
 

a good resource I recently found