Resolved

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PencilWise

Reaction score
Resolved

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Metrics helps you, and it sounds like you're doing the right thing. Stay within the middle 50% of the MCAT, but technically you should be a decent candidate with that MCAT. The A-23 grid says 69.1% of applicants with your metrics should get an offer.

It's down to mission fit and how well you might do on interviews to show your fit. Give us a WAMC and what you think is your calling to medicine, and you can craft your list.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What are your ECs ? Physician shadowing hours, clinical volunteering hour with patient contact and non clinical volunteering hours.

Reactions: 1 user
Is English your first language? Did you attend under-performing schools as a child? Those are two reasons that an applicant might be cut some slack on the CARS score.

Reactions: 1 users
(Posting for friend)
Hi all just received my MCAT from my 3/24 exam and received a 511 (130/124/129/128). I know that cars score is abysmal idk what happened I usually did much better on it in FL. Anyways my cGPA is 3.97 and sGPA is 3.95. I am a NY ORM. I am now using MSAR to craft a school list but I realize my MCAT is either between 25th - 50th percentile for a lot of the NY schools whereas my GPA is 90+ percentile. I am now wondering how I should use MSAR to craft my list based on these metrics and whether my high GPA can somehow help with my, in comparison, lower MCAT? Also kind of worried about that CARS since it is at 10th percentile for a lot of these schools. I am open to DO schools as well (two within commuting distance) and don't particularly care too much about top 20s or the whole tier system if that helps. Thanks all.
Definitely look at the stats as others have advised; also look at the schools mission and pedagogical focus so that you can show fit.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
All 4 SUNYs
New York Medical College
Albany
Einstein
Rochester
Hackensack
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Fores
NOVA MD
Miami
Tulane
TCU
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Belmont (when it opens)

Thank you Faha! Are there any particular DO schools I should apply to as well? I unfortunately do not have a DO letter. I am definitely doing NYiT and Touro since they are close but any other out of state ones that may be friendly you know of?
For other DO schools consider PCOM, CUSOM, UNECOM, KCU-COM, ATSU-KCOM, DMU-COM, MU-COM