Resource for high schoolers

hippo_crates

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know, like me, that almost everyone here is a bit anxious to get a head start on their futures and plan stuff out and over-prepare for things but I figured I would share this really amazing resource for anyone that wants greater access to medical research going on and be able to read published papers from reputable sources. If you can I would download this great app called Read by QxMD and basically grants you access to most of the major publications in reputable medical journals. Even though half the stuff is way above our heads right now, it's great at least to take a look at it and try and get a bit of exposure to medical research.
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1430283959.889258.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

It merely browses pubmed, a free website. Not to say that's bad though. Getting used to this stuff is a good thing. But make sure that you're enjoying it while at it too. Start with easier Letters and Opinion articles. Although you might be able to do it digitally, I'd print it out, and underline what's confusing/interesting. Then, go crack open the ol' textbook/wikipedia/google, and research! More advanced: Write your own ~250 word comment on what you learned and save the word file. Helps the writing and summarizing parts of your brain, which is very crucial. Then, go read the 250 word comment from three days ago (proofread), laugh at your bad writing, and rewrite it.

That's what my mommy made me do actually, and, looking back, it was insanely helpful.