Resource for surveillance imaging standard protocols following surgery/chemotherapy/radiotherapy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bengalsfan0525

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking through ASCO and ACS with regards to any information pertaining to surveillance imaging recommendations for various cancer types after treatment (surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy). I understand that factors such as location and cell type or other markers complicate this and therefore each cancer type is unique. I was able to only find a few guideline articles listed as "current" for maybe 4 or 5 frequently diagnosed cancers. I was curious if any single organization or governing body sets the recommendations that are followed, or if it is set by each distinct society (i.e., urological oncology society handles urological standards). In either case, is there a resource that oncologists can refer to that has bulk recommendations for surveillance imaging based on cancer type?
 
NCCN is what insurers will use to deny/approve treatment and imaging and what malpractice attorneys will use to sue you. Deviate from that at your peril.

For our friends north of the border, Cancer Care Ontario provides similar guidance.

Also, I totally lold at the idea of a urologist following guidelines.