Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJHUSKERS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to see if anyone had any good resources that pertain to the field of physical therapy that they would like to suggest:

So far my list looks like this:

Inside-Out DVD/Manual by Mike Robertson and Bill Hartman
Magnificent Mobility DVD by Mike Robertson and Eric Cressey
Access and Correct DVD/Manual by Robertson, Hartman, Cressey
Bulletproof Knees by Robertson and Hartman
Anatomy Trains by Myers, Chaitow, Juhan
Low Back Disorders by Stuart McGrill
Optimal Shoulder Performance by Cressey, Reinold

Also, can anyone suggest a medical terminology book that I could breeze through in a month?

Members don't see this ad.

On the sports/ortho side, I recommend:

The Athlete's Shoulder-Andrews, Wilk, Reinhold
Orthopaedic Exam Eval and Intervention-Dutton
Clinical Sports Medicine-Bruckner, Khan
Post-Surgical Rehab Guidelines-HSS

My library is ridiculously extensive so I don't want to write everything I refer to. Outside of Med term, anything specific you are looking for?

Both places I shadow(ed) at use trigger point manuals by Travell and Simmons (volume 1 and 2). Plan on picking up a copy for myself- great resource for both physician and patient to understand/show tp's and referred pain that can occur.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys.

MinnDasota, what ele do you have sitting around in your library? What are you currently reading up on now?

Also, are these text books you are recommending going to be used during PT school? Or does every professor teach from a different text like undergrad? Did you guys read those texts during or outside of PT school?