Resume or CV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zjm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of hospitals ask for resumes in their online application, but I feel that a resume doesn't include as much information (e.g. presentations, etc.) as in a CV. I feel that as a new pharmacy grad, a CV might be better because it includes descriptions of the responsibilities and tasks that you did for your rotations/work place.

Is it frowned upon to submit a CV instead of a resume? Would greatly appreciate feedback, especially from hospital/retail pharmacists who have a say in hiring.

Members don't see this ad.

I know a lot of hospitals ask for resumes in their online application, but I feel that a resume doesn't include as much information (e.g. presentations, etc.) as in a CV. I feel that as a new pharmacy grad, a CV might be better because it includes descriptions of the responsibilities and tasks that you did for your rotations/work place.

Is it frowned upon to submit a CV instead of a resume? Would greatly appreciate feedback, especially from hospital/retail pharmacists who have a say in hiring.

Really? You graduated pharmacy school and this is your first world problem? A little common sense goes a long way.

Actually, I would be interested to know the answer here too. I know the rule of thumb is business world = resume (so I guess retail) & academics = CV, but I don't know where on the line a hospital would fall. I know resumes have been trending slightly longer, but probably wouldn't have a spot for what the OP wants to include. Unless you're real creative, which might be too far & frowned upon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know in the nursing professions they do CV's and not resumes, but I don't know how that correlates to pharmacy.

There's a big CV vs. Resume pissing match thread.
New grad can get away with a cv since quite frankly you don't have any substantial work experience to fill up a page of resume unless you use a font 18 or unless pharmacy is asecond career.

Academia, residency, clinical and research positions will require a cv. Once you have enough significant experience, a concise resume will do for most jobs.

Resume contains all the academic and other details, cv contains complete details from Personal strengths to curriculum details.

resume and CV is quite similar. Resume is business word but main thing is require information. You can use any one of them. whatever you use the information is to be perfect and presantation is to be effective.

Ban this spamming idiot