General Admissions & OTCAS Resume structure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leemer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I am preparing for upcoming interviews and would like to have some resumes on hand. The problem is I have about 50 (ok maybe not that many) different versions of my resume tailored to different jobs or opportunities in the past.

My question is: what sections would you include on a resume for an OT school interview? And, would you stick to the strict one-page resume format? Or make it two pages (one sheet front&back) to highlight more experiences?

Thanks for all of your help and best of luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

I've done 2 interviews so far, and I haven't really had an opportunity to use my resumes. I wouldn't sweat it too much. I would focus on putting any OT-related activities and leadership-related stuff. Probably keep it to one page, because if they do ask you for a resume during your interview, they're not going to have a whole lot of time to look over it.

I had mine at 2 pages. I included other things that weren't rehab or OT related because it shows a more well-rounded individual. Schools don't always look at your resume but if they do...showcasing all your experience isn't a bad thing :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for both of your replies. Nice to get a mixture of opinions!

Hi all! I am preparing for upcoming interviews and would like to have some resumes on hand. The problem is I have about 50 (ok maybe not that many) different versions of my resume tailored to different jobs or opportunities in the past.

My question is: what sections would you include on a resume for an OT school interview? And, would you stick to the strict one-page resume format? Or make it two pages (one sheet front&back) to highlight more experiences?

Thanks for all of your help and best of luck to everyone applying!

I appreciate this thread! I also prepared a resume to take to interviews since my work experience really is where my strengths lie. However, on the interviews that I have had, I never felt like there was a great time to pull it out. Is this something people do?

Reactions: 1 user
I appreciate this thread! I also prepared a resume to take to interviews since my work experience really is where my strengths lie. However, on the interviews that I have had, I never felt like there was a great time to pull it out. Is this something people do?
Curious about this too!

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Not really, no. Most don't want it.

Reactions: 1 user