Resume

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ooscubaoo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey i'm looking for a pharmacy job and i was wondering what i should include in my resume? just my work experience? or should i include things like how i've finished my general chemistry and organic chemistry and have experience in labs ? any suggestions? for my objective line, should i say something in the lines of wanting the job for the experience in order to apply to pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

In general, coursework is not listed or discussed on resumes. Under the Education heading, why not just list your university and your major as pre-pharmacy?

If you have worked or volunteered in a lab, put that under the work experience heading.

OSURxgirl said:
In general, coursework is not listed or discussed on resumes. Under the Education heading, why not just list your university and your major as pre-pharmacy?

If you have worked or volunteered in a lab, put that under the work experience heading.

Course work is included on resumes, especially if you trying for a science related job. If your school has a Career Development Office, you should go ask them for some help

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on what job you are applying for and what kind of experience you have. For example, if you were applying for a teaching job and all you had was work experience as a machinist, but you had relevent coursework and volunteer time in a teaching setting, then by all means put that on your resume. I would not just say "Hey, I am, umm, looking for some work in a pharmacy (does not matter what really) just something that will look good on my application to pharmacy school." Just write and tailor it to the job you are looking to get. If you are not aware of the duties of the job, then look them up so you can get a good idea of what they are looking for and play up your strengths.

when you drop off your resume, let the manager know you're interested in becoming a pharmacist. that's what i did and he interviewed me right away. i was kind of embarrassed because i was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. i wasn't expecting to get interviewed on the spot, but luckily he was cool about it. also, if you're applying to retail pharmacy, 24 hour pharmacys are more likely to hire because they need a lot of ppl. i work at a 24 hour at sav-on and there is always like 3-5 clerks, 4 techs, 2 interns, 2 pharmacists working at a time. it's funner and it makes the time go faster. my friend worked at long's and it was just him and a pharmacist. he said time went by really really slow and it was really quiet. he was discouraged because of the boredness he experience, and stopped pursuing pharmacy.