This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bck16866

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently, I had just completed my freshman year in undergrad working in Pre Pharmacy. Although, I have been wondering if it is completely necessary to get a job as a Pharmacist Technician in preparation for the career as a Pharmacist and admission to Pharmacy school? Will having Pharm tech experience strongly strengthen my resume increasing my chances into getting accepted into Pharmacy school?

To current Pharmacists- Were you a Pharmacist tech prior to entering Pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

It's really helpful to get a job as a tech before school for a lot of reasons. Biggest 3:
1. Make sure you actually know what a pharmacist does (especially in retail, and that you can deal with doing that the rest of your life).
2. It helps you immensely in school. I barely had to study the top 300 drugs compared to my classmates that had never worked in pharmacy.
3. Networking

You don't have to work as a tech to get accepted, but it really helps you. Many pharmacy schools want a LOR from a pharmacist. You don't want to waste a lot of time and money to realize that pharmacy isn't what you thought it is.

Reactions: 1 user