Resurecting Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cubs08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals - Rush is near the top of my list. I was wondering what you guys thought of it and if anyone has heard from them post interview, how long did it take? I was just hoping to get a Rush thread started for kids as excited to go there as me...hopefully.

Members don't see this ad.

cubs08 said:
Hey guys and gals - Rush is near the top of my list. I was wondering what you guys thought of it and if anyone has heard from them post interview, how long did it take? I was just hoping to get a Rush thread started for kids as excited to go there as me...hopefully.

Umm, do a search on Rush, I know there was a similar thread less than a month ago, heh.

Short version of my post there: wife is an M4 at Rush and loves it. She's interviewing for her residency right now, and is strongly leaning towards staying there. She made a lot of good friends there, got a good education, and really likes the doctors/nurses/other hospital employees she'd be working with for another three years.

I volunteer at Rush on the weekends, and I like it quite a bit as well. Huge hospital, nice people working there, nice facilities with a new building being planned right now, and the vast majority of the patients I have contact with have been positive about their experiences there.

Great place, imo.

cubs08 said:

I interviewed at rush on october 31st and my letter of acceptance came 3 weeks later. It was a great place, and as of right now it is on top of my list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rush is friggin' awesome. My top choice out-of-state, I think.

i totally agree - perfect mix of small class size and an awesome urban experience. i'm just having a problem weighing it against loyola - that and the fact that i haven't been accepted yet!...

cubs08 said:
...that and the fact that i haven't been accepted yet!...

Oh yeah, that little detail applies to me, too. How easily I forget.

What I like about Rush is their top-notch clinical training, the city, and that the people there are actually happy and down-to-earth, everyone from the med students to the office staff. Heck, they aren't just happy, they're totally giddy. :thumbup:

NapeSpikes said:
Oh yeah, that little detail applies to me, too. How easily I forget.

What I like about Rush is their top-notch clinical training, the city, and that the people there are actually happy and down-to-earth, everyone from the med students to the office staff. Heck, they aren't just happy, they're totally giddy. :thumbup:

Hey NapeSpikes, when did you/have you interview(ed)? I went the week before thanksgiving and am expecting to here fairly soon I hope.