Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Resurecting Rush

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by cubs08, Dec 4, 2005.

1. cubs08

cubs08 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys and gals - Rush is near the top of my list. I was wondering what you guys thought of it and if anyone has heard from them post interview, how long did it take? I was just hoping to get a Rush thread started for kids as excited to go there as me...hopefully.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ucjames

ucjames Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Umm, do a search on Rush, I know there was a similar thread less than a month ago, heh.

Short version of my post there: wife is an M4 at Rush and loves it. She's interviewing for her residency right now, and is strongly leaning towards staying there. She made a lot of good friends there, got a good education, and really likes the doctors/nurses/other hospital employees she'd be working with for another three years.

I volunteer at Rush on the weekends, and I like it quite a bit as well. Huge hospital, nice people working there, nice facilities with a new building being planned right now, and the vast majority of the patients I have contact with have been positive about their experiences there.

Great place, imo.

4. chicagoboy14

chicagoboy14 New Member

Medical Student

I interviewed at rush on october 31st and my letter of acceptance came 3 weeks later. It was a great place, and as of right now it is on top of my list.

5. NapeSpikes

NapeSpikes Believe, hon.
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Rush is friggin' awesome. My top choice out-of-state, I think.

6. cubs08

cubs08 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i totally agree - perfect mix of small class size and an awesome urban experience. i'm just having a problem weighing it against loyola - that and the fact that i haven't been accepted yet!...

7. NapeSpikes

NapeSpikes Believe, hon.
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh yeah, that little detail applies to me, too. How easily I forget.

What I like about Rush is their top-notch clinical training, the city, and that the people there are actually happy and down-to-earth, everyone from the med students to the office staff. Heck, they aren't just happy, they're totally giddy. :thumbup:

8. cubs08

cubs08 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey NapeSpikes, when did you/have you interview(ed)? I went the week before thanksgiving and am expecting to here fairly soon I hope.