Retail Job Offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm00123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a P3 starting rotations soon.. Just wanted to know if y'all know when retail companies likes WAGS, CVS, Target, etc start setting up interviews/hiring for next year? I graduate in 2014 and I have a rotation at the district offices at Walgreens in Chicago in september 2013. Wanted to know if that is around the time that district manager start knowing their availability and how many new grads they are looking to hire!
 
I am a P3 starting rotations soon.. Just wanted to know if y'all know when retail companies likes WAGS, CVS, Target, etc start setting up interviews/hiring for next year? I graduate in 2014 and I have a rotation at the district offices at Walgreens in Chicago in september 2013. Wanted to know if that is around the time that district manager start knowing their availability and how many new grads they are looking to hire!

Here in South Florida, Wags starts there interviews in January, not sure if that is the same company wide.
 
When I interviewed with Rite Aid, it was early January of my P4 year. They also wanted me to help out at a health screening (unpaid) as part of the interview process.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In western NY, my school set up an interviews along with our career fair in October. Most companies held interviews during this time. CVS interviewed their people separately around June. People have been receiving job offers over the past 2 months or so. (WAG offered me a position at the end of January)
 
I graduate in June- I've worked for wag trough school- I didn't even have to interview, I got my offer emailed in November. Introduce yourself to the district supervisor and show your manager that you're willing to go the extra mile at work. I know offers were sent out to other students (not currently employed) and who interviewed through career day late fall.
 
I am a P3 starting rotations soon.. Just wanted to know if y'all know when retail companies likes WAGS, CVS, Target, etc start setting up interviews/hiring for next year? I graduate in 2014 and I have a rotation at the district offices at Walgreens in Chicago in september 2013. Wanted to know if that is around the time that district manager start knowing their availability and how many new grads they are looking to hire!

I am a UIC student currently on my rotations and I also did a rotation with a Walgreens DM in chicago. I was offered a job by him in November during my rotation and my friend who had the rotation in sept-oct also received an offer so I would say that your timing is about perfect. My advice to you is to do whatever they ask plus more to show them you are willing to work for them. Also it is not out of line to ask if he thinks he will have any openings or if he knows of any of the other districts that might have openings. The walgreens DM's in Chicago are a pretty tight nit group and communicate a lot. Hope this helps. Any other questions just PM me.
 
What I really want to know is if you are an intern for a chain and they offer you a job, is it a contract that requires you to work their for 1+ years or could you easily drop if you come across something better once you are actually licensed and have the chance to look for other job opportunities? In other words, is accepting their job offer binding in any way?
 
I am a P3 starting rotations soon.. Just wanted to know if y'all know when retail companies likes WAGS, CVS, Target, etc start setting up interviews/hiring for next year? I graduate in 2014 and I have a rotation at the district offices at Walgreens in Chicago in september 2013. Wanted to know if that is around the time that district manager start knowing their availability and how many new grads they are looking to hire!

Go to the career fair, and you'll have interviews set up or whatnot. I interviewed with target in November, but I met someone in july that helped me get that interview.