Retake a D in Calculus 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Supernatural17

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey so heres my situation,

I initially took Calculus 2 and received a D. When I apply to Med school (specifically D.O.) my sgpa will be 3.675 and cgpa will be 3.548. these are my gpa's with the D in calculus 2. Is it worth retaking Calculus 2 or not? Its really hard and I don't want it to get in the way with my current classes in the fall. Also it's my only D in my academic history. The rest is all A,s and B's (including A-, B+, and B-) and I have 2 C's (C and a C+) both in non science classes.

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Hey so heres my situation,

I initially took Calculus 2 and received a D. When I apply to Med school (specifically D.O.) my sgpa will be 3.675 and cgpa will be 3.548. these are my gpa's with the D in calculus 2. Is it worth retaking Calculus 2 or not? Its really hard and I don't want it to get in the way with my current classes in the fall. Also it's my only D in my academic history. The rest is all A,s and B's (including A-, B+, and B-) and I have 2 C's (C and a C+) both in non science classes.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm applying with an F and a couple of D's. (All in non-pre-req classes -- not worth the time or miniscule GPA boost to retake in my case.)
Granted mine are from 10 years ago, but no, your one D won't matter.
 
Thank you for your reply. I was hoping for more thoughts on this because I don't know how med schools will look at this D. I'm just worried and aren't to sure if I should retake it or leave it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They'll ask about it. They offer grade replacement for a reason and they will want to know why you didn't retake it when you know DO offers this policy.
 
Hey so heres my situation,

I initially took Calculus 2 and received a D. When I apply to Med school (specifically D.O.) my sgpa will be 3.675 and cgpa will be 3.548. these are my gpa's with the D in calculus 2. Is it worth retaking Calculus 2 or not? Its really hard and I don't want it to get in the way with my current classes in the fall. Also it's my only D in my academic history. The rest is all A,s and B's (including A-, B+, and B-) and I have 2 C's (C and a C+) both in non science classes.

Thanks

AACOMAS doesn't include math courses in your science GPA FYI.


Link: http://help.unicas.com:8888/aacomas...-history-2/aacomas-course-subjects/index.html
 
They'll ask about it. They offer grade replacement for a reason and they will want to know why you didn't retake it when you know DO offers this policy.

^^^
Yet another misinformed post from Alonzo with no basis just like his "list". By the way Alonzo, i've received secondaries from most of the DO schools that I applied to and they have pretty much all been identical to last year.

They probably wont ask about it. If they do, just give them a honest answer. Dont worry about it OP, your sgpa is higher than the average DO matriculant.
 
Last edited:
^^^
Yet another misinformed post from Alonzo with no basis just like his "list". By the way Alonzo, i've received secondaries from most of the DO schools that I applied to and they have pretty much all been identical to last year.

They probably wont ask about it. If they do, just give them a honest answer. Dont worry about it OP, your sgpa is higher than the average DO matriculant.
Thank you for your response
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad