1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Retake advice/best options for this cycle

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by IUhoosierxgirl, Aug 9, 2011.

1. IUhoosierxgirl

Pre-Medical
    Just got my MCAT results back: 9VR/9PS/8BS = 26Q I was averaging right at a 29-30 with verbal being my highest.

Obviously I need to retake at some point...
    Science GPA: 3.17 , Cummulative GPA : 3.46 ; great LORs, pretty good EC

Options I need advice on:

-Would I be better off withdrawing this year and applying to a post bac program/retake mcat in Spring?
    -Retake in September and hope I can pull my score up by then...
    -Take my chances this cycle w/o retake, see if I can go DO or state med school.

any other options or opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sweetness34

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    If you want to go medical school the upcoming year, I would recommend applying to DO or state medical schools. A post bac program is also a good option and can help increase your GPA with good grades. while you are in a post bac program you can also retake your MCAT and get a better application for schools. best wishes!:)