Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey SDN,
Here's some background information about me....I switched from engineering to pre-medicine exactly a year ago. Ever since, I've been able to double up on credits to complete all of my pre-reqs and managing ECs. Additionally, I took a Kaplan course twice (once during the school year while I barely gave time to it and once again during summer.) The second time around, I followed the plan religiously (minus verbal bc I hated their method.) I went to every class, did the homeworks and readings on time, and even exhausted all of their resources, including all of the AAMC exams and Kaplan FL 1-8. In total, I studied for almost 4 months for my MCAT on July 14, and improved significantly from the upper teens to the upper 20s (some 30s) by my exam.
Unfortunately, as much as I mentally prepared myself for the exam, I still choked and spent a majority of my time in my test freaking out that this was actually happening and that I was actually taking my MCAT. All in all, I ended up getting a 21 (after expecting atleast a 25 and the possibility of a re-take.) I signed up to retake September 11th and feel as though Kaplans review barely brushed over the topics, but that I have a solid, general understanding about all of the topics.
I found the 3 month study plan and read multiple threads for retakers, but I've been having a lot of trouble trying to cater the 3 month plan to me less then 1 month timeframe for thorough review and preparation. I realize that since I'm planning a retake, I need to atleast break a 27 and nerves cannot be an issue, but does anyone have any advice on a solid study schedule that I should do? I also read that retaking old FLs is a bad idea, but I've exhausted all of my resources for AAMC and Kaplan, and can't get my hands on the BR FLs (I have all the other books and EK books as well). Waiting til next cycle isn't as much of an option either since I already submitted 12 primaries and have been working on the submitting my secondaries on a weekly basis.
Any advice would be truly appreciated, thank you so much for your time to anyone that cares to help!
Here's some background information about me....I switched from engineering to pre-medicine exactly a year ago. Ever since, I've been able to double up on credits to complete all of my pre-reqs and managing ECs. Additionally, I took a Kaplan course twice (once during the school year while I barely gave time to it and once again during summer.) The second time around, I followed the plan religiously (minus verbal bc I hated their method.) I went to every class, did the homeworks and readings on time, and even exhausted all of their resources, including all of the AAMC exams and Kaplan FL 1-8. In total, I studied for almost 4 months for my MCAT on July 14, and improved significantly from the upper teens to the upper 20s (some 30s) by my exam.
Unfortunately, as much as I mentally prepared myself for the exam, I still choked and spent a majority of my time in my test freaking out that this was actually happening and that I was actually taking my MCAT. All in all, I ended up getting a 21 (after expecting atleast a 25 and the possibility of a re-take.) I signed up to retake September 11th and feel as though Kaplans review barely brushed over the topics, but that I have a solid, general understanding about all of the topics.
I found the 3 month study plan and read multiple threads for retakers, but I've been having a lot of trouble trying to cater the 3 month plan to me less then 1 month timeframe for thorough review and preparation. I realize that since I'm planning a retake, I need to atleast break a 27 and nerves cannot be an issue, but does anyone have any advice on a solid study schedule that I should do? I also read that retaking old FLs is a bad idea, but I've exhausted all of my resources for AAMC and Kaplan, and can't get my hands on the BR FLs (I have all the other books and EK books as well). Waiting til next cycle isn't as much of an option either since I already submitted 12 primaries and have been working on the submitting my secondaries on a weekly basis.
Any advice would be truly appreciated, thank you so much for your time to anyone that cares to help!