Retake in 1 month- HELP!

Started by drz56
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drz56

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I used Kaplan's resources and scored in the upper 20s for my AAMC practice exams (Dida all AAMCs and Kaplans 1-8). Took the July 14th MCAT, choked, and got a 21...retaking on Sept 11th. Does anyone have a solid 1-month study plan for retakers? I'm having trouble trying to modify the 3-month guide to my timeframe and need to break a 30 on my re-take. I already submitted my secondaries, so waiting until the next cycle isn't a good option for me.


Thank you in advance to anyone that is able to help me, I appreciate all advice!
 
I think you should focus on your weak areas?

Do the AAMC self assessments to find what your weak spots are, then read info on your weak spots.
Do alot of practice passages..... go to the lib and see if you can pick up some tpr fl mcats.... you do not have to do the whole fl in one day... you can do bs section and some verbal one day and ps section and some verbal the other day... review the sections daily.
Do 1-2 FL a wk use your remaining kap test.
 
Thank you so much! Where can I find the Jco videos?

And for the AAMC self assessments, do you mean the full lengths? I've unfortunately done all of those and all the Kaplan full lengths, but trying the library for TPR is a great idea