Retake MCAT, VR=4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camshark

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm retaking my 5/31 MCAT. Breakdown 9ps, 4vr, 10bs. I don't know what happened in VR...no excuse but I was scoring 7-8 on practice so makes me very disappointed. I now have EK 101 (used Kaplan before) so I plan to do one VR test from their book per day for the 14 days, review the answers right or wrong after the test. I will do an AAMC full length every Saturday as well. This coming week I will focus on VR then the next week add in bio/phys every other day to keep up on those. I was scoring 24-25 on my test last time but never 4 in VR so I think I have content review done...not that there is much content review for VR, mostly just practice and learn a technique that works. So if I'm scoring 8-10 consistently in VR and same with bio/phys do y'all think I'd be ready for 8/10 or 8/17 test??

Members don't see this ad.

Oh and I'd study more but I'm pulling 70-80 hrs at work...yea I know I should put everything on hold nd only do MCAT but I have a family to support so there will never be that option. Please don't knock me for retaking without your approved scheduled timeline.

I know what it's like working a lot of hours and trying to study. I did that last year and it didn't work out too well lol. I'm re-taker this year, after I scored well below my practise average last year. My advice to you would be to make sure that practice average is up around 30 before you re-write. No need to rush. Take the whole fall and winter to prepare if you need. You can do this, it just takes time. For verbal, you might wanna start off doing 3 timed passages a day instead of burning through them all in 14 days. Take them like a multi-vitamin each day and analyze your mistakes and which types of passages you have a hard time with (ie. humanities, social science, natural science). It will eventually come, you'll see. Oh and see if you can get your hands on the TPH verbal workbook, great resource. Good luck!! :)