Retake Orgo for PA School

Started by Liveedu
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Liveedu

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are Pa Schools going to eliminate me from the application process for a C+ in orgo II and the lab. I currently have a 3.2 gpa. If I can bring it up to 3.4, should I still retake it? Is it going to look bad in general if I don't?
 
I wouldn't unless you can get an A. If you get a B you end up hurting yourself and wasting your time. There is more than GPA that goes into admissions so this is a hard question to answer without any other information
 
I wouldn't suggest it, I got a C in O.Chem (still beat myself up over it) but took 20 credits this spring semester while working part time and got a 3.7 which I thought would look better than getting a B in my re-take of O.chem!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
remember many fine programs don't even require o-chem....let it go...
 
While I agree to a point, if his top schools require it I can understand his stress. Not a PA school in the country requires physics but I got a B+ and was stressing out over it. Its the throes of undergraduate pre-health studies, that is for sure. Every bit affects your GPA/sGPA