Retake Orgo for PA School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liveedu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are Pa Schools going to eliminate me from the application process for a C+ in orgo II and the lab. I currently have a 3.2 gpa. If I can bring it up to 3.4, should I still retake it? Is it going to look bad in general if I don't?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't unless you can get an A. If you get a B you end up hurting yourself and wasting your time. There is more than GPA that goes into admissions so this is a hard question to answer without any other information

I wouldn't suggest it, I got a C in O.Chem (still beat myself up over it) but took 20 credits this spring semester while working part time and got a 3.7 which I thought would look better than getting a B in my re-take of O.chem!

Members don't see this ad :)
remember many fine programs don't even require o-chem....let it go...

While I agree to a point, if his top schools require it I can understand his stress. Not a PA school in the country requires physics but I got a B+ and was stressing out over it. Its the throes of undergraduate pre-health studies, that is for sure. Every bit affects your GPA/sGPA