Retakes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Donna Moss

donnatella moss
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Retake genetics and then take upper division courses. The better you do on higher level stuff the more you'll look prepared. You did get a 506 so you're capable in doing it. Just talk to friends and your school and take professors courses that don't artificially make classes harder. You are there to increase your gpa so take the courses that will best help you.

Reactions: 1 user
Do not retake the C's but I suggest retaking genetics, and taking more higher level courses.

I will be graduating soon, and looking to take a few classes as a post bacc to improve my chances at medical school. I am graduating from a top public university and struggled. I have spent a great deal of time fixing my study habits and I understand that grade replacement is no longer an option.

I have a C- in Bio 1, and Orgo 2, and a D+ in Genetics. (I wanted to retake all of these and take another upper level.)
I have taken other upper levels such as biochem, A&P
cGPA: 3.2 sGPA; 2.81 MCAT: 506
I need about 16 of post bacc work to get myself to a 3.0 before I start my SMP type masters program.

I have talked to admissions counselors at Michigan State COM and the pre-heath advisors at my school. Both have said that I not retake the C- in bio and take another upper level instead. I'm not sure what the best course of action would be when I apply broadly for the 2018-2019 cycle (after 1 year of masters is complete).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user