This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sugarplum94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

It's been a while, but I have a question. I was wondering if DO schools are out of the question if a non traditional applicant retook 1 prerequisite class more than 3 times? I was wondering if that is the case then what can the applicant do to improve their application, and prove to adcoms that their grades are not reflective of their intellect and dedication?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

It's been a while, but I have a question. I was wondering if DO schools are out of the question if a non traditional applicant retook 1 prerequisite class more than 3 times? I was wondering if that is the case then what can the applicant do to improve their application, and prove to adcoms that their grades are not reflective of their intellect and dedication?

Thanks
Do well in all of your coursework and the mCAT. Your particular task is to show that you can handle juggling several chainsaws at once.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, non-trad here!
I retook Physics 1 that had NP on it previously. Then I got an A. Just ace it on the last attempt (they expect you to do so).
Also: read this HomeSkool's Simple Rules for Retaking Courses
If you have a C, just walk past them and just do SMP. I retook it because it was below C. I got C's from Gen Chem 1 & 2 from a CC. Never going to retake them :)