1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Retaking a class

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hypnix, Jun 18, 2008.

1. hypnix

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If I retake a class at a CC instead of the University I graduated from, would it do me any good? I got a B in Microbiology and I know I can do better. I just submitted my AMCAS so I am not looking to boost my GPA, but want to show adcoms that I can do better and that I am active in my pursuit in getting into med school.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. neuro1617

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    There is no reason to retake a B. Of course you can do better; now you've had the material before. It's a waste of time, especially if you are doing it at a CC and aren't looking to improve your GPA. There are other things you can do to show you are active in your pursuit of getting accepted into medical school. I wouldn't suggest retaking anything >C-.

4. hypnix

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So, take something I haven't taken yet? It's a CC and there aren't many Bio classes. There is food microbiology. Should I take that? I got a C, my lowest grade in Gen Chem I my first semester.

5. neuro1617

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    If you really want to take a course, maybe go with the food micro. It won't be repeat micro again but shows that you can do well in an upper-level micro course. Although I still don't think a B is "doing poorly.":) And as for the Chem, you've probably had Gen Chem 2 and the organic sequence so you've already taken more advanced chemistry.