Retaking a course. D to an A.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icyangels

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took orgo 2 and got a D. I am able to explain what wrong and such if I am lucky enough to receive an interview. I retook the course in the summer and finished with an A. Will dental schools average the two? Or take the A? I know they'll see the D in my transcript but I'm hoping they'll just disregard that and such.

Members don't see this ad.

I took orgo 2 and got a D. I am able to explain what wrong and such if I am lucky enough to receive an interview. I retook the course in the summer and finished with an A. Will dental schools average the two? Or take the A? I know they'll see the D in my transcript but I'm hoping they'll just disregard that and such.
They will average the two, but your upward trend will be noticed

Reactions: 1 users
Crush the Ochem section of your DAT and give them no reason to worry about the D on your transcript. Great work on the turnaround! I had no one ask me about specific grades during my interviews. Mostly why I was interested in their school and how dentistry fits me.

Reactions: 1 user