Retaking a course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kabead

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated with a C in my
General chem and Orgo classes, both being 5 credits.
I wanted to take classes at an institution but I found out that their chemistry courses are only 4 credits!

I am aware that AACOMAS will not be replacing my grade but I was wondering if I did take the 4 credit courses, would I be able to add it onto aacomas (like the way the allopathic application is)?

If that's possible, is it even worth it?

Thanks! (I'm sorry if there is a thread like this...I looked around and I didnt find any that asked this question)

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated with a C in my
General chem and Orgo classes, both being 5 credits.
I wanted to take classes at an institution but I found out that their chemistry courses are only 4 credits!

I am aware that AACOMAS will not be replacing my grade but I was wondering if I did take the 4 credit courses, would I be able to add it onto aacomas (like the way the allopathic application is)?

If that's possible, is it even worth it?

Thanks! (I'm sorry if there is a thread like this...I looked around and I didnt find any that asked this question)

From what I recall about other similar questions, for grade replacement the course needs to be equal or greater in credit hours. That really does suck, but you will add it to the AACOMAS application since it would be a course you have took.

hmmmm.....if those course aren't going to replace ur other grades then I suggest taking upper level science courses.

Members don't see this ad :)
S

Last edited:
Hello - I wanted to chime in. I recently completed Gen Chem 1 for the 2nd time (1st time about 8-9 years ago). My Gen Chem 8-9 years ago was a total of 4 credit hours (class + lab). This past semester, the course + recitation alone were 4 hours (I have not yet taken the lab). This newer course grade will not qualify for grade replacement because it is worth more credit hours than my previous course?
I believe that would work because it has to be equal to or greater than the original. I would double check with aacomas if I were you.

Reactions: 1 user