Retaking AAMC practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyInitialsAreJC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few AAMC tests that I took and scored and never reviewed...

and three that ive saved to take between now and MCAT

any opinons on if i should retake those or go ahead and work through reviewing them?

hope any of this made sense.

Members don't see this ad.

i took some aamc practice tests way back in january and feb while preparing for the april mcat and ended up not taking it since i didnt feel ready. I retook all of the test a few weeks ago and didnt remember most of the passages. If you will remember the passages then i would just review them.

i say no to retaking because you are not a dunce i assume and there's no way your brain would have forgotten every single thing. and then your timing may be off because recollection might lead to deceivingly fast times especially in verbal. just review the answers

i took all the aamc tests (3-9) when i was prepping for april. since i am retaking the test in august, i am retaking 6-9. even tho sum of the passages sound familiar, i don't really remember the answers to the questions. however, in addition to the aamcs, i am also doing kaplans...just because i kno that the aamc scores might not be the "best" predictor of my score. nonetheless, i think the aamc's r still good practice, and if u think u remember too many answers/passages....then just review them...if not, then there's no harm in retaking them

Members don't see this ad :)
I think retaking the AAMC's will be better than doing Kaplan FL or TPR exams where they look nothing like the real MCAT and may even possibly throw you off from your progress. Like someone else had already mentioned, if you remember alot of the questions, then simply reviewing the exams would be better.

hey guys,

can you find the AAMC tests on the internet? or are you just talking about the practice tests in the Kaplan/Barron's books?