Retaking an online cc class @ a 4 year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

freeriderorsomething

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took psychology, english, and Sociology courses at an online community college. I am about to retake them because I am seeing that some med schools require courses (especially english) to be at 4 year universities and not online. My question is what will this do to my gpa? I made A's in these classes online. Supposing that get A's in the classes on campus, will I just have one A from the on campus course factored in to my gpa or will the online A also be factored in, which would be two A's for the same course and be a decent little boost to my gpa? I hope that question is clear. Thanks for the help, yall!
 
You would get 2 A's as these are different courses at separate institutions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wasn't aware of this. When I applied to medical school I didn't see this requirement. I ended up taking about 15 credits at CC that transferred into my degree. Maybe that's why I got so many rejection letters. 😛
 
I wasn't aware of this. When I applied to medical school I didn't see this requirement. I ended up taking about 15 credits at CC that transferred into my degree. Maybe that's why I got so many rejection letters. 😛

Lol...yeah I just saw that while checking out MSAR. But hey, all it takes is one acceptance...So congrats to you on that!