Retaking C Pre-reqs for DO or take Anatomy/Phys for first time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdove01

Reaction score
I'm a non-traditional student working full-time and can take 2-3 classes before I apply to DO SMP schools. I'm trying to maximize the usefulness of the extra classes. In Biochemistry and Genetics, I received a C. The DO school I am interested in applying to is fine with C's but obviously an A retake would look better. My two options are to retake the classes or take Anatomy/Physiology I/II for the first time since that is considered recommended (but not required) coursework. Would love to hear any advice you have!

Members don't see this ad.

If you re-take these classes, schools will average it out and it can give your sGPA bump and you can take these pre-reqs at community college. Make sure any science classes you take try to get A's. Why do you want to apply to SMP program? How's your gpa and MCAT?

Do not retake classes you already passed with a C. See this guide for reinvention:

I would do the anatomy course, but brush up on biochem as an audit or self-study if you feel that was weak and could help you for your SMP/MCAT.
You do not need to strictly do SMPs from DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user