Retaking classes taken at CC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brandnew1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So.... I took a bunch of dual enrollment classes in high school, which is basically where you take classes at a CC and it counts towards your college credit (if it transfers). Only thing is I wasn't much of a student in high school as far as putting in work goes so I have a few B's and B+'s on my transcript from then (only A's and a couple A-'s in undergrad thus far).

I have 3 semesters of undergrad left, so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to retake some of the classes that I did poorly on, most specifically Calculus I (got a B on it, killing my science GPA). For references sake, my cGPA in undergrad is 3.92 and sGPA is 3.93. cGPA drops to 3.84 and sGPA to 3.87 after the CC classes are factored in :(

Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

You have to be kidding.

NO.

Don't retake those classes. Continue to take whatever is required for your major, and then take any upper level classes you are interested in.

Whoa there, take a deep breath. :) You think your B in calculus is "killing" your science GPA, even though your science GPA is 3.87. Here's my number one piece of advice for you. RELAX. You have a great GPA despite the high school CC B's that you seem to think are so horrible. It's absolutely not worth retaking any of these CC courses. AMCAS will factor your original courses into your grade even if you do retake, so I can't imagine that your GPA would go up by more than a few hundredths of a point and it's not worth the effort you'd spend retaking the class. Keep in mind that med schools will see the year that these courses were taken, and they would see that they were taken while you were in high school. They would also see that your undergrad transcript has been superb.

Scroll down to the clock on your desktop and hover over it. See the date? It's Halloween. Go get drunk and eat some candy. Stop worrying about how you think you might have a better shot at med school if only your GPA was a 3.92 instead of a 3.84. You won't. Also, reread what you wrote in your OP and see if you can find it in you to laugh at yourself. ;) We all worry about our grades, but you're overthinking and overstressing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahaha alright thanks, I guess this was just one of those pre-med moments. Yes, I definitely do plan on getting drunk and enjoying the greatest holiday ever tonight. God bless chicks on Halloween day.

I did poorly on, most specifically Calculus I (got a B on it, killing my science GPA). For references sake, my cGPA in undergrad is 3.92 and sGPA is 3.93. cGPA drops to 3.84 and sGPA to 3.87 after the CC classes are factored in :(

Thanks for your input.
Whoa. You're definitely right. Your GPAs are horrible. I've never seen such bad GPAs in my entire life. Have you every thought about not becoming a doctor and becoming a professional begger. With those GPAs, I would actually contemplate ending my life.

:sleep: