Retaking courses at different university but online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted841205

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

So I had some ouches in my sGPA and was wondering how do med school look at courses retaken at a different university? I found Oregan State University and some others that offers chem courses and bio courses online. I really need to retake gen chem; however, my UC school doesn't allow for retakes if it isn't a C- or lower. This is the only way I can I can improve my sGPA at the moment. I am considering post bacc, but I was hoping to just keep that as plan D for now.

Please let me know what I should do and if this is a smart choice.
Anybody have experiences retaking courses like this? How about at a community college? Does it look bad retaking at a community college??

Thank you to anybody who helps me.