Retaking DAT in mid-October

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Venus17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there people from previous cycles who submitted their application in June but decided to retake DAT after submitting the applications to increase their chances? Do schools actually take the new scores into consideration? I have average scores(AA=20, TS=22) with one subject lower than the average(RC=16). I decided to study and retake the exam in early October to hopefully improve my scores. I understand October is very late but please comment only if you have had the same experience or if you know somebody who retook the exam after October and it worked out for them.

Members don't see this ad.

Are there people from previous cycles who submitted their application in June but decided to retake DAT after submitting the applications to increase their chances? Do schools actually take the new scores into consideration? I have average scores(AA=20, TS=22) with one subject lower than the average(RC=16). I decided to study and retake the exam in early October to hopefully improve my scores. I understand October is very late but please comment only if you have had the same experience or if you know somebody who retook the exam after October and it worked out for them.

I have a friend who took it in October and got two acceptances don't know how many interviews tho. He is also a urm and had a >3.8 GPA which probably played a big part to. Btw I feel that a 20AA and 22TS is pretty great and a 22 in anything is definitely not average.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a friend who took it in October and got two acceptances don't know how many interviews tho. He is also a urm and had a >3.8 GPA which probably played a big part to. Btw I feel that a 20AA and 22TS is pretty great and a 22 in anything is definitely not average.

Thanks for your response. My biggest concern is that 16. If I even had a 17, I probably wouldn't retake. Do you know if he had any low section scores or was it just to improve the overall?