Dec 11, 2015
Massachusetts
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Hi everyone,

I took my Animal Science genetics course twice already. The first time I got a D and the second time I got a C-. I know some schools recommend not retaking the same class, but to take a higher level course. I don't know what my options would be as I would ideally like to get the C- replaced/averaged but if I don't take that actual course then it will still be considered a C-. Also, there is an option to take a more generalized biology genetics at my university, so I don't know if that would look any better or not. If anyone has any advice, I thank you in advance!

katashark

Oregon c/o 2020
2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2015
The Ocean
Status
Veterinary Student
Regular genetics will count towards your prereqs. Do you think you'll do much better in the animal science course?

OP
cbabs
Dec 11, 2015
Massachusetts
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Regular genetics will count towards your prereqs. Do you think you'll do much better in the animal science course?
The animal science counts also. I've already taken the animal science class twice, but they just switched professors which was part of the problem (not the whole problem, but still). I've heard that the biology one is easier than the animal science one just from friends who have taken it. So I guess what I am saying is the bio one seems like it's the better choice...