• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

watsupdoc

10+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I was just wondering if taking the MCAT for the second time a bad sign for admission? Will being accepted to medical school be difficult than if I had done well the first time?

spreebee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
I was just wondering if taking the MCAT for the second time a bad sign for admission? Will being accepted to medical school be difficult than if I had done well the first time?

You've got to face your fears eventually... I took the MCAT last August and my physical score blew the big one. It sucked, I studied for physical 10 hours a day for 2 months. Anyways, it got me denied and rejected from U.S. schools, but I recieved acceptances from St. George, Sackler in Israel, and the AUC. Now that I have an acceptance from a good International school, I can retake the MCAT one more time this April for the heck of it. If I suck the big one again I'll just start medical school in August 07. If I kick the MCAT's pants off, I'll defer and try to get into the U.S. one more time... So, once you take the MCAT you can atleast find entry somewhere as a backup, but if you score good the second time your in just as good of shape in the eyes of the U.S. Usually people score low the first time because of not knowing what it will be like or unproper guidance and study habits. If you score well the second time all will be forgiven.

PCATtaker

Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2006
Hollywood, Fla
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy

No, they want to see improvement. They want to know you are willing to work to improve your scores. Plus that day could have been a fluke and you are proving it was by doing well on your next test.

About the Ads

mletter

It's all in the reflexes
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2005
Colorado
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
You've got to face your fears eventually... I took the MCAT last August and my physical score blew the big one. It sucked, I studied for physical 10 hours a day for 2 months. Anyways, it got me denied and rejected from U.S. schools, but I recieved acceptances from St. George, Sackler in Israel, and the AUC. Now that I have an acceptance from a good International school, I can retake the MCAT one more time this April for the heck of it. If I suck the big one again I'll just start medical school in August 07. If I kick the MCAT's pants off, I'll defer and try to get into the U.S. one more time... So, once you take the MCAT you can atleast find entry somewhere as a backup, but if you score good the second time your in just as good of shape in the eyes of the U.S. Usually people score low the first time because of not knowing what it will be like or unproper guidance and study habits. If you score well the second time all will be forgiven.

:thumbup: You will also see that some have taken the mcat 3 or 4 times and still gotten accepted. Also, despite what many say, there is nothing wrong with going to a caribbean or other international schools. You can't go wrong with any of the big 4 in the carib. :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.