Retaking prereq classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ps5518

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a senior finishing up my undergrad. . I realized I wanted to do physical therapy late in college, wasn't really sure what I wanted to do my freshman and sophomore year. As a result, I did not really excel in my pre-reqs and I want to know if its worth to go back and retake them at a community college once I graduate and how that looks for PT school. thank you. I have also shadowed at an inpatient facility, been working as a PT aide at an outpatient clinic for a year.

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a senior finishing up my undergrad. . I realized I wanted to do physical therapy late in college, wasn't really sure what I wanted to do my freshman and sophomore year. As a result, I did not really excel in my pre-reqs and I want to know if its worth to go back and retake them at a community college once I graduate and how that looks for PT school. thank you. I have also shadowed at an inpatient facility, been working as a PT aide at an outpatient clinic for a year.
It would be more helpful if you posted your stats. You should definitely shoot for at least a 3.5 pGPA to be competitive. You also should get at least five different settings. The variety of settings is much more important than the number of hours. If you search this forum you'll find answers to all of these basic questions. There's literally thousands of posts on this subject.

Reactions: 1 user
if you retake, do it at community college. save money, smaller classes, more access to professors, who are more flexible

I agree with the others. Community college seems like the better of the choices. Also as SwampPT said, a variety of settings goes a long way. 100 hours divided between 4 settings is better than 150 hours from only 1 setting.