Retaking Prerequisites for PA school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Justin Tomlin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a sophomore majoring in Biochemistry at NC State. I am planning on applying to Physician Assistant school and need advice on retaking Organic I. I made a B- in Orgo I last semester, but really feel shaky on it and am not sure I could do extremely well in Orgo 2 without retaking it. I would be retaking it, not to boost my GPA necessarily, but to master Organic Chemistry (for PA school and future Biochem courses).

I have a GPA of 3.38, but have excluded a C- in General Chemistry I and a D+ in Physics for Engineers 2. I retook General Chem I and received an A. I plan on retaking Physics sometime soon.

I don't want PA schools to see me as a student who has to take all my classes twice to be successful, but do want to have a good understanding of prerequisite courses before going to PA school. What should I do? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would review the material on my own and move on, unless the school requires a B on all prereqs.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk