Retaking Prerequisites for PA school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Justin Tomlin

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a sophomore majoring in Biochemistry at NC State. I am planning on applying to Physician Assistant school and need advice on retaking Organic I. I made a B- in Orgo I last semester, but really feel shaky on it and am not sure I could do extremely well in Orgo 2 without retaking it. I would be retaking it, not to boost my GPA necessarily, but to master Organic Chemistry (for PA school and future Biochem courses).

I have a GPA of 3.38, but have excluded a C- in General Chemistry I and a D+ in Physics for Engineers 2. I retook General Chem I and received an A. I plan on retaking Physics sometime soon.

I don't want PA schools to see me as a student who has to take all my classes twice to be successful, but do want to have a good understanding of prerequisite courses before going to PA school. What should I do? Thanks!
 
I would review the material on my own and move on, unless the school requires a B on all prereqs.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk