Retaking the DAT in November?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wwdaffodils

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took my DAT a few days ago. I did moderately well (20s across the board, but 16 in QR)- good enough not to close any doors, but not well enough to open any either. Unfortunately, my absolute first choice is Columbia, and we all know how much Columbia loves high DAT scores. I went ahead and sent my scores to schools already since it's already August.

My question is, would it be worth retaking the DAT? I'm guessing schools will have already decided who to invite for interviews by then, but assuming I get a few interviews based off my first DAT, and since schools don't offer admission until December 1st, will they factor in my second DAT (if taken, to be taken Nov 3rd) during acceptance decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

So I took my DAT a few days ago. I did moderately well (20s across the board, but 16 in QR)- good enough not to close any doors, but not well enough to open any either. Unfortunately, my absolute first choice is Columbia, and we all know how much Columbia loves high DAT scores. I went ahead and sent my scores to schools already since it's already August.

My question is, would it be worth retaking the DAT? I'm guessing schools will have already decided who to invite for interviews by then, but assuming I get a few interviews based off my first DAT, and since schools don't offer admission until December 1st, will they factor in my second DAT (if taken, to be taken Nov 3rd) during acceptance decisions?

From my experience, I took the DAT in sept last year and didnt do well. I retook in dec and got two interviews which were from the two schools who hadnt already rejected me at that time. Never-the-less, I was rejected after my interviews. :mad: By that time schools were 75 to 85% filled and we were competing for a small number of seats. Good Luck to ya!!!