Retook a B...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Powerlifter95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So before you yell at me for retaking a B in physiology(a 300 level course). This was well over a year ago, I know now that this was an idiotic move and adcoms are probably laughing at my app right now. At interviews do you think I should just prepare a quick little remark about how this was a lapse in judgment and how I've grown and matured since then? Should I even bring it up if its not mentioned?

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt they’ll notice but if they bring it up, say it was when you were a misinformed premed. That’s the truth anyway lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Only bring it up if it's mentioned. If they ask you why, just say something like you felt that it wasn't an adequate representation of your performance or you thought you didn't understand the material correctly the first time or something and then say something like in retrospect, it probably wasn't necessary, but don't put yourself out too far either way (i.e. "yeah it was a TERRIBLE decision and I'm SO EMBARRASSED OMG" or the other way "yeah I did HORRIBLY and really needed to ACE THAT CLASS"). It's a small part of a much larger application and probably won't even be looked at twice. No one probably cares.

Members don't see this ad :)
So before you yell at me for retaking a B in physiology(a 300 level course). This was well over a year ago, I know now that this was an idiotic move and adcoms are probably laughing at my app right now. At interviews do you think I should just prepare a quick little remark about how this was a lapse in judgment and how I've grown and matured since then? Should I even bring it up if its not mentioned?
No.

Reactions: 1 user
Only bring it up if it's mentioned. If they ask you why, just say something like you felt that it wasn't an adequate representation of your performance or you thought you didn't understand the material correctly the first time or something and then say something like in retrospect, it probably wasn't necessary, but don't put yourself out too far either way (i.e. "yeah it was a TERRIBLE decision and I'm SO EMBARRASSED OMG" or the other way "yeah I did HORRIBLY and really needed to ACE THAT CLASS"). It's a small part of a much larger application and probably won't even be looked at twice. No one probably cares.

Thank you. If only I had joined SDN prior to this application cycle.

No one will care. Chill.

Reactions: 1 users
I think something everyone else overlooked was what grade you received in this course the second time

I had a friend retake organic 2, when he had an "A-" the first time. The second time, he nailed an "A".

He was accepted to a DO school.

Reactions: 1 user
I think something everyone else overlooked was what grade you received in this course the second time

Lol A. Or else i would’ve just gone and got another bachelors degree and burned my old transcripts.

I highly doubt anybody will notice, or care.

I don't think it will mater if your GPA is competitive