Return to OR after Pain Fellowship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No favorable changes in your court? Could you ask for increased comp since they are kneecapping your ability to moonlight?
Asked for inc comp and was told no.

The exchange is: get to keep this job.

Non compete prohibits practice of medicine (no wiggle room here apparently)

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Is it already a fantastic job?

The contract changes imply they are afraid of losing you. You can’t practice any aspect of medicine including OR anesthesia if you leave?

IF the pay is good, I'd keep the job. But, they are showing their hand to you by trying to lock you down. Complete out the contract and dont renew.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Autonomy on schedule. Earning potential is decent (around 500K + benefits) if all goes well. Contract autorenews yearly so there's no set term

At least look around for an alternative before signing it so you know what you're losing out on. From what you've posted it sounds like a bad deal but there is value to familiarity and stability. It is very insulting though, at least demand a sign on given the term change of 30k or something.

Reactions: 2 users
$69.5/wrvu, no tiers.
25-30 patients in a 7-3 clinic day
“basic” injections days are 30-35, including ESI, facets, MBB/RFA, SCS trials
Also have OR time for SCS implants and kyphos
Is your place hiring?
Call the main number for the hospital, get an operator on the phone and ask to speak to someone with physician recruitment.

I was always able to speak or leave a message with someone.

That being said, this technique also netted me 0 interviews. Often was just told the department was full.

This is the answer I've been getting as well.

Autonomy on schedule. Earning potential is decent (around 500K + benefits) if all goes well. Contract autorenews yearly so there's no set term
If the non compete is long range for all medicine, then I wouldn’t sign unless you plan to move at some point in near future

At least look around for an alternative before signing it so you know what you're losing out on. From what you've posted it sounds like a bad deal but there is value to familiarity and stability. It is very insulting though, at least demand a sign on given the term change of 30k or something.
Hopefully FTC basically makes the non compete null. Maybe wait to see what happens in April?