Review books for re-entry

Started by echod
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

echod

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think first aid for step 2 ck is a good book to read over before re-entering the clinics? If this was the only review book that I read for all of my clerkships and for step 2 ck, would I be doing something foolish? Thanks a lot!
 
Do you think first aid for step 2 ck is a good book to read over before re-entering the clinics? If this was the only review book that I read for all of my clerkships and for step 2 ck, would I be doing something foolish? Thanks a lot!
I didn't think the FA for CK book was very good, certainly not up to the level that the FA for Step 1 book was. Do you know which rotation you're starting with? If so, you might want to read a brief shelf review book in that specialty to get an overview before you head back to the wards. If you don't know what you're starting with, then Step-Up to Medicine would be a much better choice than FA, especially since IM is the most important subject tested on CK anyway. There is a thread in the allo forum I think that lists all of the typos/errors in the book, which is otherwise well-written and pretty darn comprehensive for what an MS3 needs to know.

Edit: Here is the link to the Step Up errata thread.
 
I agree with above. Crush step 2 is actually a better book than First Aid, which is a decent general book but hard to read from cover to cover.

I highly recommend the case files series, which exists for almost every rotation. Short cases with 5-10 page explanations are all you need for each rotation and it will really prepare you for examinations.