Review Courses for NAPLEX & CPJE in California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NuclearRx4life

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of the California pharmacy schools offer NAPLEX and CPJE review courses that prepares recent graduates for those tests? If so, how long are the courses, how much does it costs, what are the materials given, and is it open to other students out of states?

Members don't see this ad.

USC pays for a 2 week review course for all their students, apparently it is very good and costs about $1500 for outsiders.
UOP and UCSF fend for themselves a bit, I'm not sure about the other schools.

I am negotiating with a private board review company for my school, UCSF. I'm pulling teeth trying to get enough people who want to do it for a discounted group rate. People here seem a little too confident they will pass the test.
Check out the company it's

www.rxboardreview.com

If there are a lot of people interested on this forum, perhaps I can open it up to out of staters and the price will be even cheaper!! The course will be given at UCSF, takes a weekend, 16 hours of lecture, you get a workbook and an instructional DVD on pharm calculations. The cost is negotiable, but if you check out the website, you can get the ballpark price.

USC pays for a 2 week review course for all their students, apparently it is very good and costs about $1500 for outsiders.

Actually, the review is organized and taught by USC faculty, residents and free for USC students but they charge other students.

Hello young skywalker,
I called USC school of pharmacy today and they said that they don't allow any outsiders into the 2 week review course because the course is strictly for USC P4s only and there is no room for outsiders there.
Do you know if UCSF and UOP conduct such reviews for outsiders. Are they conducted by the faculty and residents at respective schools?
Thank you for your time and attention.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not participate any review course.I passed the exam with 88.
I only read APHA, Washington Manual and Rx notes which is from my friend.
You don't need to take any review course if you are good at self-studying.

I called USC and they said that they allow outsiders to attend the 2 week review course and it costs $1500.00. Howz the review? Is it worth the time and the money? I know nobody guarantees passing the exams, so USC Alums please give your 2 cents.

Is there anyone who has taken the course review at usc and found it helpful? I would find your opinion of the review course very helpful Thanks

I am taking the cpje in three weeks and I feel I am very underprepared. Does anyone have ANY study material at all for this exam they could forward me? Anything would be helpful at this point. Thanks!

Hi Jimrx,

I'm planning to take the CPJE sometime in the future....would you be able to give me any pointers as to notes which may be helpful? If you have notes you would like to sell, I'd be interested.

Thanks!

UOP and UCSF fend for themselves a bit, I'm not sure about the other schools.

I am negotiating with a private board review company for my school, UCSF. I'm pulling teeth trying to get enough people who want to do it for a discounted group rate. People here seem a little too confident they will pass the test.

You don't need any type of review course to pass the NAPLEX. Just buy the APhA green book and read it. Use the APhA book in conjunction with Weissman law book from USC and you should pass both NAPLEX and CPJE.