revisit at weird time...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meowkat444

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to do this for at *least* one school i'm seriously considering, because of course my top 3 schools are ALL the same 3 days. Anyone else going to have to go back at a time other than the normal revisit? Are you worried you won't get the same experience, or are you going to do anything in particular to try and make up for that?

Anyone older and wiser have to do this? How was it?

Members don't see this ad.

I have to do this for at *least* one school i'm seriously considering, because of course my top 3 schools are ALL the same 3 days. Anyone else going to have to go back at a time other than the normal revisit? Are you worried you won't get the same experience, or are you going to do anything in particular to try and make up for that?

Anyone older and wiser have to do this? How was it?

Are you talking about the Penn/Yale conflict? o_O

actually i'm talking about the penn/yale/stanford conflict. so while i ahven't and may not get into penn, i already have a conflict....

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into my top choice late (after already planning to attend my #2) then did my own revisit - I didn't have to revisit but I wanted to be sure.

Basically, my program paid for me to come out when I wanted, had me stay with a current student and go out to dinner with students, and then I had a list of faculty to meet with that I requested in advance.

So, I never did the "official" revisit but my experience was fine and I've been to younger students revisits many times as a current student - you may miss some of the wining/dining but who cares. As far as meeting your classmates early: 1) they won't all come and 2) you'll have 10-15 of them depending on where you go and 8 years to know them, one weekend won't make any difference.

Don't worry about it - revisit when you can and if you want to. Not a big deal.

If you think it will help you make a decision, by all means set it up. My impression is that most programs would be happy to do this for you.