Revisiting OMM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microshar88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was wondering if you guys had any tips for revising OMM for COMLEX II CE? I feel like I have forgotten everything about OMM since finishing OMM during OMSII. To top it all off, most of my rotations during third year have been with people who did not practice any OMM (even the hospital where I did my IM rotation at was a DO residency but no one even mentioned it any note). Obviously, the basics aren't so hard type 1 vs type 2. However, I feel like this is not something you can really cram for and you need visual practice. I also, am a very slow reader and only got through 50% of Saverese last year.

I was wondering if the DIT course would be worth it or perhaps a Falcon review? Of course, I know that I need to memorize the viscersomatic points but for someone who reads as slow as I do, is there anything more concise than just reading savarese on my own?

I did poorly on level 1 <500 so I'm trying to change things for level 2. Clinical medicine is a lot easier, but still, need time to study and its tough with rotations.

Thanks for any advice! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Purchasing an extensive review course is unnecessary unless you did poorly in OMM during MS1/MS2, but regardless you'll want to know all OMM-related topics pretty well if you want to do well on the Level 2-CE. You likely already have all of the information and resources you'll need: Savarese, class notes, COMBank/COMQuest. There are a load of pretty easy questions that can be answered simply by recalling some of this information from memory. Personally I feel it is something that can be crammed for in a way. For starters, memorize all viscerosomatic reflexes and Chapman's points. Fully recognizing sacral and cranial diagnoses is a must. If you have access to a copy of Foundations, Somatic Dysfunction in Osteopathic Family Medicine, or An Atlas of Osteopathic Techniques I would suggest skimming through and reading all of the tables and images provided. There may be some unfamiliar topics on the exam including Jones tenderpoints, Maverick trigger points, treating/interpreting type I (group) dysfunctions, and more rare techniques such as CV4, Still's, BLT, etc. - these would be pertinent to review at the least.