Revoking acceptances & scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ronzroyce97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted something similar to this before but now I've finished my last semester and am starting my new one. So I've been accepted to ICO, NECO, both with $40k scholarships. I'm kind of worried because I dropped 3 classes in the fall, I was originally in 5 classes and so I'm only going to get a grade in two classes this semester and end up with 3 W's this semester since I screwed around a lot (Ik im an idiot) and missed classes flying out for interviews. I was planning on taking 5 classes next semester but I'm dropping that to 3 so I can work and save money for school (since I don't need my degree). I'm just worried that schools will look at this and revoke my acceptance? The only contingency each school had was that I finish Microbiology and physics II (which i'm going to complete), there wasn't a GPA requirement or anything (which I'm assuming was because of my stats 3.64 GPA and 340 AA.) Does anyone have any information regarding this? Can schools revoke acceptances if they think I might not be able to handle the rigor of optometry school? I only had a 3.15 this semester also.

Members don't see this ad.

You're probably fine. I wouldn't worry.

One bit of advice though: get your BS degree if at all possible. You never know. If you end up not finishing or if you do finish and decide to do something else then a BS is a valuable asset to have. For instance, you wouldn't have to get an entirely different degree in a different field with a BS, but you may be required to do so if you don't. There are a lot of "Post-Baccalaureate Certificates" out there which are for people with BS, BA degrees seeking to change careers but not wanting to start all over again (because they really don't need to).

Reactions: 1 user