Cheapest Optometry schools for Canadians and Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ronzroyce97

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I'm a 4th year Canadian student and I've applied to NECO, ICO, Indiana, and Salus. I've gotten interviews from all schools, and have already attended Salus' interview. I want to know which schools are cheapest for Canadians, and if there is cheaper schools not on my list please list them as well. I know tuition rates and living allowance is all listed, but I'd like some firsthand experience. I also know that schools offer scholarships, the only schools I could actually find information on was ICO and Indiana. My top choices are ICO and NECO. I know some of the scholarships are merit based. These are my stats: 3.64 GPA, 340AA, one year of optometric assistant experience, 60 hours of shadowing. Any feedback/advice is greatly appreciated!