RFU interview day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jumpman1234

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have interviewed/been accepted at RFU/CMS just wondering what you guys thought of the interview day and what to expect. Also, does anyone know the number interviewed and accepted and a breakdown of IS vs OOS, some of this info is missing in the MSAR. THANX!!

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have interviewed/been accepted at RFU/CMS just wondering what you guys thought of the interview day and what to expect. Also, does anyone know the number interviewed and accepted and a breakdown of IS vs OOS, some of this info is missing in the MSAR. THANX!!

The interview day starts at 9am. You'll hang out in a room with 12 or so other interviewees. They'll have coffee and pastries for you. There was a lot of really low-key chatting amongst the interviewees.

The interviewers will come and get you throughout the day. The interview is open file and around 30-40 minutes IIRC. I got a few ethics questions, healthcare system questions, and then just the general Why Rosalind Franklin questions. From talking with the other interviewers, it sounded like the "heat" of the interviewers varied a little, but everyone said their interviewers were very polite and inviting. My two interviews were great; the interviewers never asked a question that made me feel somewhat cornered. Ha... and really we ended up just chatting for quite a while about unrelated things like fishing and beekeeping (we keep some bees on our farm).

You'll get some lunch around noon and get a tour too. RFU actually had the coolest, most down-to-earth students I've met so far. Plus I was pretty impressed with their facilities.

Downside: the day did end up going about an hour longer than they said due to having more interviews in the afternoon than they had planned.

Hope that helps- sorry I don't have the numbers you asked about.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanx alot guys, i appreciate the help :thumbup:

The interview day starts at 9am. You'll hang out in a room with 12 or so other interviewees. They'll have coffee and pastries for you. There was a lot of really low-key chatting amongst the interviewees.

The interviewers will come and get you throughout the day. The interview is open file and around 30-40 minutes IIRC. I got a few ethics questions, healthcare system questions, and then just the general Why Rosalind Franklin questions. From talking with the other interviewers, it sounded like the "heat" of the interviewers varied a little, but everyone said their interviewers were very polite and inviting. My two interviews were great; the interviewers never asked a question that made me feel somewhat cornered. Ha... and really we ended up just chatting for quite a while about unrelated things like fishing and beekeeping (we keep some bees on our farm).

You'll get some lunch around noon and get a tour too. RFU actually had the coolest, most down-to-earth students I've met so far. Plus I was pretty impressed with their facilities.

Downside: the day did end up going about an hour longer than they said due to having more interviews in the afternoon than they had planned.

Hope that helps- sorry I don't have the numbers you asked about.

i honestly cant speak for anywhere else, but the student body rocks here. so much cohesion and friendliness, nothing like undergrad at UIUC.